So I was at this fireside featuring Elder Perry. Out of the blue I notice a fly. A large, nasty looking old house fly had landed on the head of the guy in front of me. Being the kind hearted person I decided I'd shoo the fly away. Flies are disease ridden vectors of disease after all.
So I take my pencil and inch it towards the fly. I'm inches away from his head when I realize how strange it would look if he noticed, turned around to find a strange girl poking at his head with her pencil while he is trying to learn about being a Christian example. The fly seems entirely unperturbed. The inches vanish and suddenly I'm less than a centimeter away from the bug. I am afraid I'm going to poke the guy's head but I finally get the fly to move.
Then, it comes swarming to my face. I pull a "WHAT THE?!?" arm flail that had the whole row behind me snickering (according to my roommates. Apparently they were enjoying the show.... I had no idea). The fly makes for the guy's head again but I manage to swat enough so that it flew off into oblivion.
No comments:
Post a Comment