So the last 24+ hours have been intense. Yesterday night I was busy at the very start of my shift (9:30pm) and things didn't ever really slow down. I had 10 minutes of "me" time and half of that was in the restroom. Hopefully things will be far from that crazy tonight. Its slow right now so I can only hope...
Today I managed to stay awake for about 6ish hours of meetings. It was rather tiring trying to get everything done, but somehow I managed to stay awake for (almost) everything. In between my morning meetings and church I was pretty out of it. I ate broccoli and cheese for breakfast. I said things that somehow ended up on our quote board... I guess the lesson learned is Jill should probably send herself straight to bed without her second breakfast.
So Saturday I went to the SLC temple with members of my ward. Its fun going to the temple with other people but it was really crowded and made my entire Saturday feel weird (I'm usually sleeping away the morning, not the afternoon.) Hopefully the next temple trip they plan will be during my week off so I'll feel a little more alert.
I'm really craving homemade bread with berries and freshly whipped cream. This is one of my summer staples. I wish it was July so I could go on a long bike ride in the canyon and pick blackberries, come home to smell the hot fresh bread-maker bread and then eat them with fresh cream while reading a good book. If you haven't ever done this once in your life, you should. It fits into a slew of "perfectly lovely moments that make you realize how beautiful it is to be alive".
I went to a reunion of sorts with some people from Minnesota. It made me miss Deseret (especially since I was originally planning to see her this weekend...) and my family and MN people in general. I missed my family even more today after my dad sent me some pictures of my nephews. I sometimes wonder what would have happened if I had moved home and worked at Mayo. Really there are benefits to having some distance between you and your folks (less opportunity to meddle in your dating life fore example), but I really think I ought to make more of an effort to visit home more... We'll add that to my "to do" list.
No comments:
Post a Comment